A 10-week Professional Education seminar
with Dimitra Dimopoulou, MA
When: September 18 – November 20 2019, every Wednesday 18:00 – 20:30
Where: The American College of Greece Aghia Paraskevi Campus?(6 Gravias Str., 153 42, Aghia Paraskevi)
Language of Instruction: English
Audience: By registration only
The Business English Skills seminar involves 10 topic-based workshops (25 hours of training in total) that focus on the core skills required to communicate with confidence in English in a variety of professional business situations. Each workshop is task-based and skills-based, allowing learners to practice important skills for the workplace.
This is our best-selling Business English course, and we have trained more than 370 professionals over the last 2 years from a wide range of industries, including pharma; aviation; banking; engineering and construction; the media and entertainment; energy; insurance; and telecommunications among many others.
Who is this for?
The Business English Skills seminar is for professionals who wish to strengthen their business communication skills and become more confident in conducting business effectively in English in a variety of contexts.
Why Study Business English?
- English has official or special status in at least 75 countries;
- English has become the common language of the business community; it is the official corporate language of many multinational companies;
- 3/4 of the world’s mail is written in English;
- 80% of the world’s electronically stored information is in English;
- English proficiency is essential for mobility, affluence and innovation;
- It is difficult to climb the career ladder without very strong business English language skills
The seminar places a strong emphasis on the development of both oral and writing skills, as well as on the language required to complement those skills. The content is topic-based and actively involves the participants in relevant and engaging tasks, designed to provide practical and immediate application of the material studied.?
After taking this course, Trainees have shared that they feel more empowered to use Business English in their professional contexts because they have developed skills, improved fluency and built confidence.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Communicate via email more effectively
- Describe numbers and trends accurately
- Actively participate in meetings
- Structure effective reports using clear and formal language
- Express business views convincingly
- Create a positive customer experience
- Perform confidently in a job interview
- Interpret and evaluate cultural differences so as to enhance communication
- Build relationships by developing the language skills to socialize and network confidently
- Deliver effective presentations using appropriate signposting language
Week 1?????????????? Writing Effective Emails
Week 2 ????????????? Describing Numbers and Trends
Week 3 ????????????? Participating Meaningfully in Meetings
Week 4?????????????? Writing Effective Reports
Week 5 ????????????? The Language of Influence
Week 6 ????????????? Enhancing Customer Experience
Week 7?????????????? Job Interview Performance
Week 8 ????????????? Successful Networking and Cross-Cultural Communication
Week 9 ????????????? Delivering Dynamic Presentations
Week 10? ? ? ? ? ? ?The Event?
Certificate of Participation
In order to be awarded the Certificate of Participation from the Deree – School of Graduate and Professional Education, participants need to attend 70% of the course, and complete 7 of the 10 required tasks.
The seminar runs for 10 consecutive weeks and consists of a 2.5-hour workshop per week (25 contact hours in total).
Regular single participant fee: €240
A 10% discount (€216 per participant) is available for members of the ACG community, Professional Education past participants, companies who register two or more employees and unemployed.
Dimitra Dimopoulou, MA
Dimitra is a certified Business English Trainer in the School of Graduate and Professional Education at Deree – The American College of Greece.
For 16 years, she has provided business English skills training, as well as taught English for Academic Purposes and General English in a wide range of professional and educational contexts, both face-to-face and blended. Apart from training, she has extensive experience as an oral examiner for Michigan State University.
Dimitra holds certification in teaching English to adults (CELT) and Business English Training (International House – Online Teacher Training Institute).
She has earned BA and MA degrees from the American College of Greece and The University of Sussex in English.
For more information, please call 210 600 9800 ext. 1332 or email [email protected].